Thursday, March 25, 2010

Shopping Green

Today I just want to send a shout out to -- and let the world know about -- my favourite eco store in Edmonton.

Carbon Environmental Boutique opened its doors on 104th Street and 101st Avenue (home of the absolutely fantastic City Market) at the end of last year and has been my go-to shopping spot downtown since my sister brought me there in January. If you can think of an eco-friendly product, the folks at Carbon most likely have it... and if they don't, they probably know where to get it. Some of the items are a little pricier than their chemically-charged counterparts, but the extra investment is worth being free of the harmful side effects. I'm a HUGE fan of the Nature Clean line they carry -- their Multi-Surface Cleaner & Degreaser is the first cleaner I've ever used that didn't trigger my asthma! And I not-so-secretly covet the SunJars kept on the counter in the middle of the store.

So, if you just like me, trying to start out on this 'green' thing, but don't know where to start, Carbon is a fantastic place. I'm hoping I can attend a few of their in-store classes this spring... Hopefully I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment